Agenda for September 14, 2015 ALTO board teleconference.

  1. Review action items [Frederick leads discussion]
  2. Re-announce location (iPRES Friday Nov 6) for ALTO board face-to-face meeting for board members who haven't been at the last meetings [Frederick leads discussion]
  3. Review proposal for board membership terms and criteria and recruiting new members. [Jukka and Frederick lead discussion]
  4. Review resolution of Shape change request (issue 22). Please review documentation, use cases, and the changes proposed for schema version 3.1. If the state of the issue has been changed to "voting", please vote on the proposed change by adding a comment clearly indicating your vote -- ACCEPT, REJECT -- to the discussion of the issue. (See comments to issue 22 for discussion.) [Evelien leads (brief) discussion.]
  5. Continue discussion of Glyphs change request (issue 26). (See item 10 in minutes from London face-to-face meeting) [Joachim leads discussion.]

View all open action items here.

Attending members


Reviewed the board action items. Closed action item #12 and action item #5 because the board decided in an earlier meeting that transfering documents from PBWorks (previous ALTO repository) would be too much work. Remaing action items (issues) in the board repository remain open.

Frederick re-announced the time (Nov 6, 2015) and location of the ALTO board face-to-face meeting @ iPRES 2015 in Chapel Hill NC ()

The board discussed board membership: 3 year rotating membership term (term of 1/3 of board members expires each year). Board membership is renewable. Jukka remarks that it is difficult for him to say because so many members (Jukka included) have been board members for so long without rotation. Jukka proposes that we discuss selecting board chair after evening drinks at the face-to-face meeting.

Discussion of shape change request (issue 22) ensues. Evelien leads the discussion. Scope of this issue has narrowed only to shape. Evelien has yet to add XML examples of the change request.

Evelein explained that she was not sure about the voting procedure. Frederick explains that after discussion, acceptance, and a draft has been created for a change request, the state of the change request is changed to voting by the champion of the change request.

Joachim proposes that the board wait until Evelien completes documentation of (issue 22) before the board votes on the issue.

Discussion of glyphs change request (issue 26) ensues. Joachim leads the discussion. Scope of this issue has narrowed (again) only to shape. Evelien tried to make schema changes in Github...

The board agrees to have another teleconference before the face-to-face meeting on November 6, 2015. The date of the meeting shall be Wednesday October 14, 2015, at the usual time.